• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Car care and detailing

Hmm I Wash em every week, wax monthly, rain x when it wears off the windows.

I have found that a light acid is great for cleaning them wheels.

Vacuum when it seems to need it. Compressed air is great for getting that deep down sand in the carpeting and floor mats, BE CAREFULL doing this. I will steam/shampoo the interior once a year or so.

I like to once and a while get a can of foamy engine light to degrease the engine bay, then rinse with LOW pressure water, then spray with some all armor.

(Yes in the winter too)

I think monthly is a little overkill, IMO. BUT if you have the time it certainly won't hurt!

I try to do a hand wax in the spring and one in the fall. If we go camping I try to do one right before. Makes getting tree sap off that much easier!

All 3 of my vehicles get washed at least once a week. I wash them with the turtle wax car wash, supposed to have a wax in it, seems to make tree sap and bugs come of easier, and a vacuum at the same time. The engines get washed once a month. I personally can't stand to have a dirty vehicle. I also make sure that all the water holes are open and not plugged. I wash the floor mats when they start looking dirty.

I usually blow the duty off as needed at home with the pressure washer, and about once every month or to take it in to Kato to one of the full service washes and have them run it through and a few times a year have them do a hand rubbed wax on it... I have my pickup, and two work trailers to keep looking decent, so I bought the pressure washer... I live in the boon docks on gravel, so it doesn't pay to go to nuts...

also, a trick I do with mine in the winter is mix diesel and ATF fluid and run it through a weed sprayer and soak the underside of the truck and trailers a couple times during the winter, as well as my plow. Really helps protect it and helps keep things loose when you want to work on it... dust sticks to it pretty bad for awhile, but it works... Now come spring time its all washed out of there and looks the way it should.

When I first bought the truck:

Rain X all windows

Clay Bar + windex entire vechicle

Scratch X

Pre-wax wax

NXT

Would do this at least twice a year. But nowadays its pretty much just the carwash. Sometimes if I have time I'll claybar it and scratch x then NXT but I have really fallen off. I need a electric buffer, the dog pretty much took care of my drivers door and the hail damage on the hood stands out more when it shines. But on another note, there isnt an ounce of rust on the body (that I can see) and when I do just do the regular old carwash she really looks brand new.

I am a bit of a fanatic on clean vehicles. At least twice a year I give each vehicle the full meal deal. It is a 7 day process that involves 10-15 different layers of products using a dual action polisher with multiple grades of pads. Might seam a bit extreme but then my vehicles paint actually looks better than new. First clay bar, 3 different grades of polish, 3 different layers of sealers, then multiple layers of various waxes in combination to give the ultimate shine for my color. Wheel dressing products, chrome polish and trim restorer round out the detail. Hand wash only as needed along with polish enhancers. My current product list, all available on line;

Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover

Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo

Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish

Pinnacle Crystal Mist Detail Spray

Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0

Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer

Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz

Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0

Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0

Poorboy's World Waterless Wash

1Z Einszett Perls Shampoo