• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bow Bird

paceman

Friday Morning after dropping my daughter off for school I raced off to the woods before It got to hot. I wanted to get there in the dark but sometimes you just have to go with the flow. I set up in the middle of the woods in a little clearing. It was 7:30 am. I knew I missed the fly down and had no idea if there were any birds around but the land owner had been seeing a few. I sat for about an hour without seing or hearing anything. I was getting warm already and the bugs were getting bad. I decided to pack up and go fishing instead. On the way back to the truck I peaked into a little clearing adgacent to a big corn field and saw two hens milling around. They were about 50 yards away but they didn't see me. I backed up and put face mask and gloves on and knocked an arrow. I then crept back up and hid next to a bush. Just then 3 jakes popped out in the clearing and started walking towards me. They walked by at 12 yards. First bow kill. Just plain old luck!full-5079-20752-camera003.jpg

It's hard to beat old fasioned luck, but that luck shines the brightest when we put ourselves in position to receive it. WTG for puting yourself in that position, and big congrats on your first bow-kill!