• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spinshot Hook for drop shot

Dylan33

I'm curious if anyone has used these hooks? They look like an easy way to set up, and avoid line twist.

I just ordered a couple of packs from Cabelas HSOforum and wondering if they are as cool as they look.

Thanks

I want to try them, but I have piles of Mosquito hooks to burn through first.

One thing that really helped cut down on line twist though is changing how I nose hooked baits. Used to just got up through the whole bait from bottom to top. Started going through the bait about 1/4" back from the nose, then bringing the hook point right out the nose of the bait. For whatever reason, it twists a lot less that way.

How are you gonna do that? wink the swivel is put inbefore the hook is spun?

Besides giving you a hard time they are a great hook makes it super easy to adjust drop length. and i make money when ya buy em!

Besides reducing the line twist the wire thickness plays well for live bait because of the thinner wire used on these hooks. I think these are definetly my go-to live bait hooks even for the smallest minnows or sensative minnows like shiners and other difficult minnows to keep alive, keep in mind they are best used in vertical presentation not lindy rigging.

Plus they're VMC what more can you ask for they're the best hooks on the market....my .02

mr

Neat idea but the extra weight and size ruins my presentation. I wish it was smaller. Just my opinion.

Smaller than a #8 hook? Fishing for sunnies?

I found them in size 8, 6, 4, 2, 1, and 1/0. I bought some in size 1 and 1/0.

TOG it really depends on how deep your fishing and how much weeds you need to go through or rock I would assume a simple 1/4 to 3/8 would work in most applications but I'm by no means a drop shot expert maybe craigums or RK could help with that.

mr

As Meat-run said, depth plays a factor with the weight used. Wind will also require you to vary the weight. Bulkier plastics may dictate a little more weight than say, a 4' straight finesse Roboworm. Heavier line may also require a little more weight.

I will be experimenting with tungsten drop shot weights this season.

MR - I'm thinking of testing it out on a deeper, clear water lake like that little one north of Hackensack. Like most fishing-related things, I guess it's best to just try some different options and find what works in different conditions!