• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Future of "Live" Music

itchmesir

I'm sure some of you have seen some of the holographic concerts on youtube.. if not here is a link to two...

Where do you think technology like this will take us? Are we gonna see overpriced wanna be shows.. ie.. concerts of the Doors.. Grateful Dead.. etc.. I guess I don't know what to think.. would it be cool if they could recreate a concert through holograms? Being able to see the original Woodstock.. or Doors playing a show from the Whiskey.. Beatles? Pink Floyd w/ Syd Barrett? Jerry back with the Dead? It intrigues me.. and at the same time.. worries me...

Where do you think technology like this will take us? Are we gonna see overpriced wanna be shows.. ie.. concerts of the Doors.. Grateful Dead.. etc.. I guess I don't know what to think.. would it be cool if they could recreate a concert through holograms? Being able to see the original Woodstock.. or Doors playing a show from the Whiskey.. Beatles? Pink Floyd w/ Syd Barrett? Jerry back with the Dead? It intrigues me.. and at the same time.. worries me...

There are some dead shows that I would LOVE to see this done to... the 7/27/73 sound check set for one would be insane. The debut show of Terrapin would be another one.

95% of the applications I see for this are in Wi Dells, Orlando, Las Vegas, Atlantic City, LA, etc... I think you see where that's going. Lazer light shows, fireworks, and a holographic performance of "we are the world"

Huge Floyd fan and have caught Roger quite a few times now with his show. I'd say the majority of his singing is all synced. IMO, a lot of live concerts now are of the same mold. I remember seeing KISS about 10-12 years ago at Target Center and I swore they lip synced a lot too

But on the other hand, I have to agree seeing some shows with the use of technology, i.e Syd with the band would be awesome. Give it time, we'll get there I am sure