• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rain gear????

I have Cabelas Guidewear. Stuff is unreal. One set is - geesh - 15 years old? Still waterproof as all get out as long as you take care of it. I have three sets - a light pair for summer, their standard stuff for cooler weather, and an insulated set for really nasty days. After that, out comes the Ice Armor Extreme, which has been great too.

RK

I have to give another guidewear story,,,,mine SUCKS,,,I couldnt get wetter if I wore a tuxedo at least Id look good,,I have the guidewear medium weight and its warm and windproof but when it rains I put frogg toggs OVER the guidewear.. Guidewear worked for two years then was little more waterproof then a fruit of the loom T shirt,,Frogg toggs have worked great but buy them TWO sizes bigger then normal or they rip when you bend over or reach out.

I cant understand why 'Grundens" hasent tapped into this area its the best rainwear made you know if the Atlantic fishing boats guys wear it it has to be good

I bought a jacket and pants from Fleet Farm and I have been more than pleased. I think their brand has mountain in the name, but I can't give you the specifics.

It is lighter than guidewear stuff but still completely windproof. I actually wear the pants for cold motorcycle days (I ride down to freezing). I also use it for ice fishing with fleece sweatpants and long underwear. I think they were $100 total for the pants and jacket.

Hahahah your one ifa those guys sitting in his truck watching us launch ours lol

Yup- my Dad taught me many years ago to always be comfortable. He's gone now but I still follow his advice. I'll fish until I have to break ice- don't mind the cold- but being wet just plain sux and I avoid it if I can. I'm a total pu$$ when it comes to lightning though- had one humming rid incident years ago and now I won't mess with that stuff.

I second Brad Coin's advice on buying Frogg Toggs a size or two bigger. I like them but they can tear- especially if you're as petite as me! wink

cabelas guide series is hard to beat, looked at bass pros stuff ( 2 different suits) and was impressed with the neoprene cuffs at wrists to prevent water from running down your arms when casting, most likely will buy a jacket with this feature sometime in the near future