• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Alumacraft delivery

Walleyeriz

My 2012 Dominator 185 Sport was supposed to be delivered this week. Last week I was told boat was built and ready to ship from Minnesota this week. Yesterday when I called I was told the manufacturer has truck broke down and one of his driver’s wife passed away. I was wondering if anyone else out there has heard the same thing or am I getting the run around. I’m off to rainy lake June 1st and if my boat doesn’t come in pretty quick I will be renting a boat , I already sold my other boat.

Right now they have a driver team (husband/wife) that quit because of old equipment, a new trucker in training, a part timer going to California, 2 independent running east, and I am on local runs since I have to take care of my son which barely made out from a car accident.

How do I know ? I am one of the drivers. Questions ?

Right now they have a driver team (husband/wife) that quit because of old equipment, a new trucker in training, a part timer going to California, 2 independent running east, and I am on local runs since I have to take care of my son which barely made out from a car accident.

How do I know ? I am one of the drivers. Questions ?

First of all, hope all is well with your kid. If you read my post I was looking for information, sometimes you don’t always get the truth from a dealer. Thanks for responding

I was hoping Valv seen this post and answered it. I figured he would know the full scoop. You will love your boat when you get it. It just sucks you have to wait extra time. I am sure it will be there soon, lets hope!

I spoke 2 days ago to one of the Arkadelphia drivers, he was going back with a delivery for IL in between. He might have delivered your boat already. Also we're having issues with Shorelandr in the past 2 days, it might have been a factor also.

I spoke 2 days ago to one of the Arkadelphia drivers, he was going back with a delivery for IL in between. He might have delivered your boat already. Also we're having issues with Shorelandr in the past 2 days, it might have been a factor also.

As of today my boat is still not here, can you find out when the next truck to illinois is.

Thanks

My Boat was delivered today! Again, when I started this post all I wanted to know was if anyone else heard the same thing I did. I bought this boat from a dealer that was a 45 minutes drive farther than another marina; both were very close in price; however I felt more comfortable dealing with this place. I was not accusing my dealer of lying, just checking Alumacrafts story out. Better to find out sooner rather than later. I spent some time today with the shop manager going over upgrades and rigging. Another good experience, Mike really seems to know boats. Over all even though Water Werks was a longer drive, I’m sure it was the right call, they really are a class act.

There are always going to be speed bumps in life. I am glad you got your new boat as I am sure you are. I have purchased 2 new Alumacrafts and have been pleased with both. The company was bought out several years ago and I don't know how their service has been since but previously it was very good. ENJOY

Mike

The company was bought out several years ago and I don't know how their service has been since but previously it was very good. ENJOY

Mike

Actually Alumacraft was a family owned company until Dave Benbow died a couple years ago. The heirs needed to liquidate, and it has been sold THIS year to a financial partner from out of state.

As far as I can see there hasn't been any change in the conduct of business.