• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gogebic Reports

Anyone fishing the big G right now? Any new reports? I would like to make a trip up there at some point this winter and try for some jumbo perch and anything else I can get to bite. Any tactics that would help put fish on ice would be helpful as well.

Tunrevir~

Tactics are pretty easy, 20feet, mud, wiggler and a deadstick:) In all seriousness, that is about all you have to know to be successful on LG. Now that I live an hour or so away I dont get up there until the spring. As always there was a good early perch bite and it about a month it will start to pick up again but reports are fishing are being caught on a regular basis.

On thing that surprised me is the amount of big walleyes coming out of that lake, multiple 10 pounders that even I know of...

Give me a holler if you are coming up, I may have to join you to see whats shaking out there.

I was out a couple times from late december up to last week. Did very well before the cold front not so much after. Was not able to locate any wigglers for sale on the way up. Did end up catching the biggest perch so far 16.5 on a spoon with minnow head. Also got a 14.5 later that week all in 25-28 feet of water.

Slow bite all day then okay at dusk, have had no luck after dark out there. Just learning the Ice fishing on the lake so In a couple years i might have a clue