• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

iPhone App

Tipupdown

Navionics was the first app i downloaded when I picked up the iphone.

most definitely worth the money.

Some apps out there for data tracking, but I haven't found one that I like using as much as my handy dandy excel journal.

Navionics is a great app. I don't find much use for it while I'm in the boat fishing becasue I have other GPS Navionic systems. It does however come inhandy when planning out your day the night before! I recommend it.

I have the app, not sure how to use. It has good detail but I cant figure out how to make it show me where I am exactly on the lake. Does it do that?

I have the app, not sure how to use. It has good detail but I cant figure out how to make it show me where I am exactly on the lake. Does it do that?

Hit the arrow in the lower left corner. Your position is the red triangle.

Not sure if it does it everywhere but down here in cornfield county the Navionics and GPS really chews up the battery life. I would need to have a plug in charger if I wanted to use it on the lake for any period of time.

You need to turn on your GPS and then it will show your position.

Sorry, maybe I am getting crabby in my old age but to question whether this app is worth it at what $12 is ridiculous. There are hundreds of posts on this subject. It works as good as the navionics chip. Its worth it. I've been using it for a couple years and compare to my lakemaster chip and yeah there are differences but its nice to be able to quickly find spots using the phone. It's harder to do so on my regular GPS. The GPS on your phone isn't quite as accurate as a handheld or in boat unit but its definitely worth having.

I throw more money away with gas prices as they are than worrying about?$12 for an app.

jb426, just hit the pointer arrow on the bottom left and let the screen repaint and it will go to where you are on the lake or anyplace you are currently at! I use this app while driving to the lake as it shows your MPH as you're driving and I have the Bing or Google satellite in the bacground on as this shows everything! I also bought a charger/holder that you plug into your accessory 12 volt that holds up your phone for you to view as your moving along. You can also tune this phone holder to play any music app you have to your radio! Works great! It only cost around $25. worked great in the boat too!

I dont know if you guys mentions this yet or not, but if you double click on the arrow in the lower left hand corner, and hold your phone flat (parrell to th ground) it will show you what direction you are looking, Pretty neat feature....Also if you areusing the track mode it will show you your projected course heading with a nice red arrow....Pretty neat things...

How long did it take you guys to download the map?

I paid for the app and downloaded it, and then when I opened it it asked to download the map.

Its been running for over an hour saying requesting map on the bottom with a bar??

This is an iphone 4s btw