• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trailer Hitch for Van?

So wife wants to pull pop up camper with Nissan qwest mini van. I looked online for Class III trailer hitches. It seems like hitch manufacturers make special hitches for different makes and models of vehicles and they just bolt on the existing holes on the frame. If it is that simple of job, I think i can handle it. or Do you guys think I should leave it to the pros?

Any suggestion for make of hitch:

Draw-Tite

Hiden Hitch

Curt

Pros/ cons or each? Why do you prefer what you have? I know Reese hitches stick out, so they are out of consideration.

Thanks for in put!!!

Yes it is just that easy. I have installed many draw-tights and hidden hitches. I prefer the draw tights. The hard part is getting he bolts up into the unibody. They usually supply a couple wire tools to help. The hard part can be one of to things. Dropping the exhaust if needed and/or installing the trailer wiring.

I just installed one on a CRV a couple of weeks ago. Ten minutes to install the hitch and over an hour to pull the interior panels to get access to the vehicle trailer connector and install the plug and play harness.

The hard part is getting he bolts up into the unibody. They usually supply a couple wire tools to help.

I have been looking all over for a wire tool like that, do you know where I can find one? I bought a hitch for my Sienna off of C-list but it didnt come with the kit. I was able to get the right bolts but the threads are so dirty. I have tried with no luck to clean them out.

The wire tool wraps around the bolts and then is fished through the unibody and through the opening. The new bolt can then be pulled through. It doesn't clean or restore any threads. If you need to do that than get a tap or a thread chaser.