• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

North American Fishing Club

Dbumb

About 10 or 12 years ago i fell into their trap also. after a month or two the books started showing up in the mail. I just took them unopened to the post office and had them put return to sender on the box and ship them back. Also called and wrote a letter telling them nicely i wasnt interested so dont waste the postage. Well the books kept coming so finally i started piling them up unopened in the corner. Eventually they started calling me asking for the money. I just told them I hadnt received anymore books after the phone calls and I wasnt paying for anything I havent ordered or even received in the mail. must have worked cause the deliveries stopped along with the calls. Did eventually enjoy those books though! LOL

SPUD

About 10 or 12 years ago i fell into their trap also. after a month or two the books started showing up in the mail. I just took them unopened to the post office and had them put return to sender on the box and ship them back. Also called and wrote a letter telling them nicely i wasnt interested so dont waste the postage. Well the books kept coming so finally i started piling them up unopened in the corner. Eventually they started calling me asking for the money. I just told them I hadnt received anymore books after the phone calls and I wasnt paying for anything I havent ordered or even received in the mail. must have worked cause the deliveries stopped along with the calls. Did eventually enjoy those books though! LOL

SPUD

Nice!! Now that's how you fight those greedy 'tards.

Yeah I'm about the same as Spud, but never tried returning them. They sent me half a dozen or so books and since they were unsolicited, I never paid a dime. Eventually the books stopped and they sent me a couple "collection notices" that didn't even look real, so I ignored them. I figure if they want my money so bad they can find a more professional way to do it. I cancelled my subscription and never looked back.

I too was sucked in several years ago. Did get a fillet knife to test, it was ok nothing special. When the DVD's and books started to arrive I dumped 'em. Still get an invitaion to rejoin every year. Circle filed.

I also joined NAFC years ago. I got a pack of crappy bronze baitholder hooks, and I think that was all.

Never renewed my membership, but 15 years later I still occasionally get junk mail from them.

As far as those books, I don't think somebody can legally send you products without your consent, and then force you pay for them or to return them. BASS has sent me books and DVDs on several occasions, and I keep them and never pay a dime. No chance I'm ever wasting one cent or one second on buying or returning something I never asked for in the first place.

I got a book from NAFC years ago.. that i never paid for.. no bills.. no collections.. but overall NAFC is a joke.. I too got some crapppy eagle claw bait holder hooks when i joined as well.. never got an opportunity to field test anything

I've been looking into this FishHound thing.. hoping they are legit.. but currently i'm still waiting on a buff i ordered almost a month ago now.. anyone ever dealt with these guys?

I just paid for a 2 yr subsctiption for NAFC and they are now asking for a life time membership commitment. I was ready to do it ($300) and decided to do a bit of research...found this thread.

So far, I have received a trout book that is awesome. Has a lot of technique advise for many different regions. I received the bait holder hooks... but I'm mostly a fly-fisherman, so gave those away. Received a really nice diving Rapala, gave it to my dad who enjoys it quite a bit. I've also been blessed with the stickers and patch.

After reading this post, I can't commit to the lifetime thing now. I have 2 yrs to receive books and products to test. I'm assuming my satisfaction will be in par with all of yours, but if they do something awesome for me I'll post it.

Yesterday i just received fishing line, lures, and A BOOK THAT I HAVE TO PAY $12.24, whats up with that? by the way the book is, bass strategies

Maybe you should read the posts above....

I was a member about 15 years ago. The free stuff never amounted to more than some sucker fishing hooks and enough decals to destroy a pickup bumper. When the books i never ordered started showing up i just sent them back unopened. Finally i sent them a letter by certified mail stating any more unsolicited books sent to me would be considered a gift. That worked as i never got another book sent to me. I never renewed the membership after that.