• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rehydrate for dogs

klee

Has anyone every used this product? I've seen it at the Game Fair and at the stores and I wonder if it works. I'd like to give a try, but I don't know if it's worth it. I'm guessing its like gatorade for dogs.

What do you guys use to keep your dogs hydrated in the fields all day in any condition? Do you add anything to their water? Like supplements, anything you use before or after a hunt that will help the dog recover faster?

Unless you have some sort of special needs dog you shouldn't need any of this stuff. It's just another way to get you to part with your money.

Quote:
What do you guys use to keep your dogs hydrated in the fields all day in any condition? Do you add anything to their water?

Water works great. No additives needed.

Quote:
Like supplements, anything you use before or after a hunt that will help the dog recover faster?

No supplements are needed. Dry dog food works. You can add moist, canned dog food to entice the dog to eat if it won't do so.

Water is fine.

There are high protein, high fat biscuits available. I like to give them an occassional biscuit (small size). Especially if it is cold.

Regular dog food in the evening. If on a trip I will even fry up high fat burgers (no draining the fat). Crumble a 1/4 pound on their food at night. Simply eating more dry food does not seem to be the answer. Only so much room in the stomach and when they are really tired, they do not always want to eat the regular stuff.

There is nothing wrong with my dog. I was just wondering what the benefits are in some of these things. Like humans, I wouldn't let them drink anything else besides water.

Gatorade is a guaranteed way to give your dog the squirts. If you have ever run your dog day in and day out hard, it does not have time to build up the glyco. that it has used you will notice the dog not recovering as fast and not able to go as long. That has been proven and you can read documentaion of that all over. The Glyco charge helps to get the dog back to peak performance faster, just like us when we do a hard activity