• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1st outing report

Got out tonight for my first hunt! Had a blast ... Only connected with one fish, but was still giddy over it! Things learned .... 1. My dog doesn't help sneak up on fish. 2. Wear pants ... The dog nor I are are excited to walk through stinging nettles. 3. Wear boots with tread left on them ... Took a few spills on the muddy banks. And 4. Bring water ... Long hikes along the river sweating my shorts off. All in all I had a great time. I imagine having a buddy along would be more fun. I tried the finger off the Minnesota just west of the chaska launch. I belive its formed by most of the citys run off and the canal that goes through town. I didn't see a lot of fish but the water is really dirty. I also checked a few drainage ditches were the country roads cross but didn't see anything. Then went down to gifford lake just north of the renisance festival grounds. I saw fish here but the wern't close enough to judge a rough fish or not. Thanks for listening ... That's all I got. Email me if anyone wants to get out shooting. [email protected].

I went down to gifford this afternoon with the boat. Did some fishing and brought the bow along in case I saw something. The water is really brown ... Does it clear up when the pipe isn't flowing much? I saw carp jumping around and 1 red horse I belive jumped clear out of the water. But the water is too brown to see them unless there backs are breaking surface, which they wernt doing the last couple days. Do you just walk the edges and keep an eye out or sit and wait for a school?

Water temp is 74. Chuck

I've never tried it when the water is flowing over that road, its always been flowing through the pipe under the road. The one year I went down there and the gar were stacked in the pipe going against the current.

The water does clear up quite a bit when its not flowing so much. You get at least a foot of visability along the edges from what I remember.

I walk the edges toward the 41 bridge and I've caught quite a few pike under that bridge too with a rod and reel.