• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Washing Machine Drain Pan

CAMAN

Are drain pans required by code? I'm moving the washer and dryer up to the main level into a 4 season porch with concrete floor. Nothing below it. Am I required to install a drain pan since there isn't a floor drain?

Hope, no code requirement at all for a panic pan. From my experience, a panic pan does not do much, in the event of a busted hose, it won't do a thing. It will protect from a small leak, but not from a large one.

Might be a good time to suggest people replace their washing machine hoses on a two year cycle. And don't go cheap on them, either. A burst hose can cause a lot of damage quickly. Not that expensive to replace them. Also, if you're going out of town for a bit, why not shut off the valves to the washing machine?

Might be a good time to suggest people replace their washing machine hoses on a two year cycle. And don't go cheap on them, either. A burst hose can cause a lot of damage quickly. Not that expensive to replace them. Also, if you're going out of town for a bit, why not shut off the valves to the washing machine?

If I go out of town for even a weekend, the main water valve gets shut off. I have repaired a few flooded houses because of a bad valve decided to let loose, a small drip decides to turn large, ect.... no way do I want to do that to my own house!

Isn't there a valve that shuts off automatically if there is too much flow? Just wondering, and an idea of what it would cost. I think that's the way I would go if the machine was in a place where damage could occur.