• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

06 Chevy Trailblazer Fan control

The blower fan in my trailblazer is acting funny all of a sudden. I got home Saturday after a week long trip for work, jumped in and turned the fan to high to get some air moving and nothing happened. Went through all the positions (0-5) and the fan wouldn't turn on. Let it sit for a few minutes and it started working on all 5 speeds. Got in the truck Monday morning to go to work and now it won't turn the fan on when it's set to the highest speed setting (5). It works on 1- 4 just not 5.

Any ideas of where to start looking? Is there a resistor in there that could be causing the problem? Maybe just a bad spot in the blower motor windings?

Any help would be appreciated and as always thanks in advance.

Kyle

Its the resister. Its below the glove box and pretty easy to change. Also if the 5 speed isnt working on the fan after replacing the resister that means you also blew a fuse. Only number 5 runs through the fuse box for some reason.

make sure you check the harness to the resistor those like to fry causing the resistor to fail, i have the same truck and im on my 4th resistor/harness/blower motor in as many years, also check with the dealer cause i know the had a TSB out about it nad if you have under a certain amount of miles it may be covered.

Its the resister. Its below the glove box and pretty easy to change. Also if the 5 speed isnt working on the fan after replacing the resister that means you also blew a fuse. Only number 5 runs through the fuse box for some reason.

Yup, definatly the resistor. As was said before, check the harness & fuse as well. As dietdew stated, the highest speed doesn't run through the resistor. A new one will cost ya from $50-$100, but with a common vehicle like yours, I'd call a few junkyards. I guarantee that Joh's auto parts here in Blaine would have a bunch.

I found the resistor at O'Reillys for $40 and replaced it. Yes the 7 pin plug (either pin 1 or 7) was burned. I need to get that connector and replace it but can't seem to find one that is not special order at the auto parts stores. I'll check the dealers this week.

It's working for now so at least I have the time to wait if I do need to order it.

Thanks all