• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Womens clubs........

MUSKY18

So not being an expert in this area, looking for some thoughts.

My daughter is 13 and is playing on the high school golf team. I just bought her basically a starter set of Wilson clubs as I didn't want to drop a huge chunk of change on clubs if she wasn't going to stick with it. Needless to say, she has exceeded my expectations, loves golf and has played a few matches on the varsity team. I told her that next year, I would get her some new/better clubs. Do I want to take her and get her fit for clubs now? I think that she will have more growing and would hate for her to outgrow the clubs. She is already 5'4" so I don't know how much more she will grow but thinking a couple more inches at least. Buy longer clubs that she can grow into? Any of you run into this prediciment begfore?

I think that you'd need to get clubs that fit her now -- buying clubs that are too long today, but fit tomorrow would be an unfair disadvantage to her, and could potentially do more damage than good to her swing.

I have 3 young kids -- son is 7 -- he's on his 3rd set, due to reasons stated above. My 5 year old daughter is starting this year, and needed her own set that would 'fit' her.

I don't like thinking about the accumulated dollars thus far (and yet to come), but in my effort of giving them the best chance to enjoy the sport for years, I owe it to them to provide them with proper equipment that fits.

I would think this is especially true for your dauther since she's already competing.

You're in a great position being you promised them for next year. I would suggest getting her fitted now, but! grin You will have different companies having "demo" days coming up. A chance for her to hit ALL kinds of differnt brands and modles. Then after you find the right ones. You may find them in a cheaper carry over set, or now that you know EXACTLY what you want you can look for them on line and find yourself a better deal. If she grows out of the new set. Unless she needs a stiffer shaft, you can add length to them for not alot of money.

hmmm, 13 is still a little young but my wife is 5'4" and she uses a normal womens set. I also say the sooner the better, make sure she has a good golf coach too that works with her and if it were me, I would get her some lessons this summer from a decent teaching pro and take it from there. I know it's early but if she likes it and can develop, she can be competetive through high school and maybe even have a shot on a scholarship.