• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Pre Spawn Staging is in full swing

RumRiverRat

Fished a metro lake today for Pike and caught more Largemouth than Pike.

The bass were on the first break out from shallow bays.

I think the Bass have made the move shallow and the cold front pushed them back to the first drop.

One of the other guys in the boat caught one just shy of 20" and she was full of eggs and the bottom of the tail was bloody and raw from nest building.

It is safe to say that we are in Pre Spawn on some lakes.

Water temps between 60 and 65 degrees.

Bass Opener might fall right at the middle to end of the spawn.

Could be EPIC.

Was the first break pattern isolated or did you find it in more then one area? We fished vermillion all day for bass and found the males to be up and on a feeding frenzy just starting to make the beds. Water temp hit 60 in some areas but main lake bays mid 50's.

Did you get any Pike.?

Good fishing!

Pherris,

Rum and I fished together yesterday. We threw jerkbaits and spinnerbaits for pike. Caught a few bass, but they definitely did not have the feed bags on like the lake you were on. We found consistent 63-65 degree water temps so they spawn shouldn't be far off.

Saterday on Pool 2 in the backwaters I had a small club tournement and caught 3 bass that were locked on and fanning beds. water temp was 67 by about noon when I was catching them. lots of other fish shallow and just cruising. Sunday on Clearwater I went and checked some spawning areas and found quite a few fish on beds, mostly males. Water temperature there was lower, 64-65. I would guess with this week in the upper 70's its going to me mostly post-spawn by opener.

Hiya -

I was a little further north (Detroit Lakes area) and the fish there are a bit farther behind. Was up in the rushes fishing crappies Saturday afternoon and didn't see a single bass. Did catch a couple pitching jigs to some cabbage beds fishing walleyes. Water temps up there were in the low 50s, and with the warm weather coming, I'd bet they come in hard this week. Talked to a friend a little East of me on a smaller, shallower lake, and there were some fish already starting to make beds.

Cheers,

RK

Saw quite few on beds in the shallows on the only lake I fished this weekend. Water temps were in the low 60's in a dark shallow bay. Other deeper bays water temps were still in upper 50's, no beds. Believe everything will be in high gear this coming weekend with a week of high 70's and 80's. This was in the battle lake area.

I was an hour North of Alex and saw both smallies and largemouth on beds. Found 64f today and main lake temps ranging from 50 to 58 depending on the time of day. I agree with craigums, they'll be done by opener. Also had walleyes milking, suckers were running in the creeks, and crappies locked on beds. LOTS of stuff happening all at the same time right now.