• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Catfish around Thief River Falls??

Scalf

Hey guys, Im new to the forum... I just moved here to Thief River Falls, mn 2 weeks ago from North Carolina. I love Catfishing, and was wondering if there were any good spots around thief river? Im not looking for exact locations or anything, just where abouts. I know that grand forks is a GREAT spot, but thats an hour away... I fished red lake falls river, right outside red lake falls mn, and had good success, but I was wondering if there are any spots like within thief river, or within 5-10 minutes away? Ive fished the dam in thief river, and another spot and all we caught were northerns, walleye, and sheephead. Are there any cats in thief river!?!

Lots of cats in the river around Thief. They have only really showed up in the last 10 years or so. There were always a few, but not in great numbers. Now there are a lot of those 1-5 lb fish. I have caught them up to 20 lbs within 10 miles of town, but those fish are more and more rare now. Most of what is there are smaller fish. Leopard frogs and big minnows are the bait of choice, as well as a few crawlers depending on time of year. They are definitely there, just scope out the outside bends where there are some holes and slack water and you will find them.