• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'm 98% sure these are Oysters, but a bit more confirmation has never hurt anyone!

One thing I haven't figured out how to show you via photo is the odor of these shrooms...once they invent scratch and sniff I'll definitely upgrade for ya. But moving on...they smell like Black Licorice. I read that this is an indicator that they are indeed oysters, but again...another set of eyes has never hurt anyone.

I did crack open the stem on one, and 3 little white worms with black heads rolled out and slowly died on the tanneau cover of my truck. I've noticed on here this is also common in Oysters.

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

Can I ask you what part (northern or southern) of the state you found these in? I've had my eyes open all spring for them, but nothing yet. Last year I found my first oysters and they were delicious! But, I only found one batch. I feel like they should be easier to find, but I struggle with them! Maybe this will be the year I figure them out.

Thanks guys, I might have just the spot! Very low, cool, and damp with tons of downed and dead trees of varying species. I found it morel hunting and it seemed too damp for them, but I'll have to check it next week if I get a chance to see if there are any oysters in there!

Good luck out there everyone! Morel season might be winding down, but mushroom season as a whole is just getting started!!