• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Repairing hole in boat

Mugsaway

I have an '09 Alumacraft Navigator sport

Long story short, I have 3 (screw) holes on the side of my boat. It looks like it is just above where the water line would be.

Not sure how to fix this. To get me by short term I put clear silicon in and around the holes, but I don't want to leave it like this.

I thought I would use a dremel to smooth out the holes (screws went from inside to out)and use JB Waterweld. Has anyone used this? What else can I do to fix this, or can anyone point me in the right direction who knows how to fix this?

I have used JBWeld quite a few times and It works really good. I had backed into a rock and put a hole the size of a dime in my boat and no time to weld it so I JBWelded it and it still doesnt leak that was 3 years ago.

Just make sure that you clean the area that your going to patch really good with like rubbing alcohol and let it cure or dry at least 24hrs before putting into the water.

You can always just put poprivets in. Works great, looks decent, and will hold. You can also get waterproof pop rivets that do not have ability for ANY water to get through.