• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Double Tom's Down!

mattrd

Went out last night with a friend of mine. We had a tom gobbling down the ravine from us when we got set-up, but he didn't want to come in. Meanwhile a big ol' rooster came struting into the field, while we're watching him the next thing we know a tom comes sneaking in from the east never making a sound. He started to walk to the middle of the field when he finally saw our decoys and decided to come and take a look. He walked up to the jake decoy and pecked it a few times, that's when my buddy released the arrow and put the smack on him.

Fastforward a hour and we see a tom strutting at the other end of the field (500yds). He's with a hen and she starts walking our way. He never breaks strut the whole way until he finally see's our decoys and locks in on them. After a little scuffle with a jake that was with him he struts up to the decoy and I drop him with a 20yd shot. My first turkey! 2 toms down in a matter of an hour!It was an exciting and memorable hunt!

My bird.

DSCF0134.jpg

Our 2 toms

DSCF0139.jpg

Awesome!!! Congrats to both of you! One question though, how did you get that hen to pose in the pic with you??? grin

Couple of questions........What broadheads did you guys use and what kind of decoy is that?

Thanks,

Brian

"Couple of questions........What broadheads did you guys use and what kind of decoy is that?"

I was using a G5 Montec and he was using Grim Reapers. I don't know how his even went 10yds. It had a huge exit hole coming out of its chest.

The decoy is an older Dave Smith Decoy(DSD). They are very nice decoys! Kind of cumbersome, but def. nice!!

Thanks guys! Might get another archery tag and try my luck again down here in IA.