• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trim on 75 hp Merc

mojoputter

My trim gauge does not work, it was a little flaky towards the end of last year and now it flat out does not work. Replaced the gauge, but to bad that wasn't the problem. Is there a sensor of some sort on the engine that may need replacing..?

I just fixed mine so hopefully this will be helpful, but im no expert..

My trim gauge is operated by a cable that moves when trimming, the connection piece from the cable to my motor cracked causing it to stop working, I replaced it and now it works.

i have 75 hp merc as well with tilt/trim, i personally know nothing but u can look at mine if you like or tell me what the trim guage is & i can look at mine for u, can also refer you to my great mechanic for a phone conversation check if u like

Check all your power cables and wires. Running all those wakes and all that vibrations has loosen up my cables last year when my trim and jackplate decide to make its own decision.

Also, check to see if its a bad battery. My battery this past winter went bad.

Look on the transom bracket for the sender. Follow the wires to the connecters (if theres connectors). Use a ohm mete and connect to each wire and move the arm for the sender watching for movement on your meter. This will tell you if the sender is working.

I took it off the transom, I do have continuity between the 2 wires, when I turn the relay slowly nothing changes on my meter, but if I turn it fast the meter does change. Although when I stop turning it, at times I will lose continuity until I move a little.