• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2005 F-150 running rough

Well if you have a missfire, it will create a lean code in that bank, because the cylinder is not burning the oxygen. As for the other codes. I would re check fuel pressure. Did he wash the engine? Does he have a K&N in filter in it?

At this point I would have to think something un normal is going on.

Well now he took it into ford for a couple recalls they put it on there machine and said that there is a problem in cylinder #4 possible broken valve spring $1000 to find out

I would assume that this is money to, after pulling the valve cover off, to R&R the motor to see exactly what was damaged?

Have you tried resetting the idle on the truck? There is a procedure for that in the owners manual or online if you look. I had to do it after I had my plugs and a few coils done on my truck, as when I ran it with the air on, at a stop light it would idle down to the point where it would almost die and shake the truck. I did the reset procedure, and all is good now with the truck, and haven't had any issues with it since. Just another thought, or something else to try.

It was something like this:

1.) Unhook battery for 10 minutes

2.) Hook up battery, start truck

3.) Let truck idle up to temperature while sitting

4.) Run air conditioner for 1-2 minutes (time might not be right)

5.) Drive truck at varying speeds and rpm for it to learn new idle. May take a while to learn new idle, or a few times of driving it.

Like I say, I followed it and mine has been running great ever since.