• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Droid X Battery?

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue as I can’t seem to find much via Google.

So lately, my battery life has been a pile of dog tirds. I can get about 2 hours max of browsing the web via 3G and maybe 4 or 5 via Wi Fi. I used to be able to get about double this. The battery is about 14 months old.

I’ve tried everything short of doing a factory reset. One of the strange things I noticed is that if I let it go completely dead, then I plug into a wall charger, it says 60 or 70% right away. That doesn’t seem normal.

Is my battery shot, or a software glitch? I’m willing to get a new battery or even do a factory reset, but would like to know the battery is actually bad before I buy a new one or not have to do a factory reset if it is just the battery.

Is there a way to load test these things? I think I read somewhere that the phone doesn’t really monitor actual voltage readings of the battery, rather how much voltage has been used since the last charge.

My 1st Gen Droid X does this sometimes...I have a charger around every corner just to ensure it stays charged when its starts giving me attitude.

never had the issue until I dropped my old one in the river and got a sent a crappy warranty replacement.

Hopefully you figure it out. Which Droid are you using?

Yeah I have the same phone as you. First gen X. Now that you mention it, I think it’s a replacement as well, but this seems to just have started happening here in the last month or so.

Tempted to just do a factory reset, but man what a PITA. But I might just as well, because that is the only help I’ll get if I call support. smirk

Do you know anyone with the same battery that you can test to see if it does the same thing? Otherwise find one of the cheap replacement batteries on the bay or Am@zon for around $5 and try it out. I've bought a couple in the past that worked well, they just don't last as long as OEM(6 months on average).

But fom my experience 1 year is about the life of most OEM smartphone batteries before they start acting up and need replacing.

I have a Samsung Galaxy and it burns through the battery pretty quick under heavy use. It was better when it and the battery was brand new, but I think smart phones as a rule will burn the battery up pretty quick under heavy use. Never really heard anyone who didn't have some battery complaints with any smartphone when they are really using them hard.

A stand alone wall charger. If you search the auction site there are tons of em that bundle the batteries and chargers together.

Even if it lasts a few months, it's almost free.

Well, so far so good. The new Chinese battery seems to be holding a much better charge and running a lot cooler (I didn’t realize how hot the old one was until I replaced it). I guess time will tell, but for 10 bucks it’s worth a shot.

I did notice that the old battery doesn’t lay completely flat and has a bit of a wobble so I wonder if one of the cells in it shorted or blew out or something.

At any rate, I got free shipping and it was in my mailbox in 2 days. Tough to beat that.