• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

catfish areas in the metro

HandGunner

Hey guys im wondering if anyone would be able to point me in the direction of some cats, big ones if possible. Getting tired of fishing the same old game fishes like bass walleyes crappies and such tired of waiting for opener and such, I want to catch some big fish bottom feeders for fun big cats and carps. I live in anoka county so I would travel in the metro but not something like hours away, also tips on what bait and rigs to use would be apreciated.

I don't think there are any cats in the Rum, but the Mississippi is loaded. Not many huge ones but tangle with a 8lb channel in some current and you'll have yourself a battle.

Cut sucker minnow and about a 3-4oz weight with a 6/0 Circle hook.

Crow is good for Channels

P2 on south for both Flats and Channels

MN for both

Rivers are ripping now

from my experience at the north miss, I personally don't use a hook larger than 1o from the CR dam north through elk river. The fish dont run big enough for the big gear and i find the bigger hooks/baits up here get alot of shallow strikes. There are tons and tons of carp in that stretch of river too.