• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

out of country lisc.

live4chrome

We have a family friend coming from germany. Iant to take him out fishing. I was wondering if there were any hoops etc that i would have to jump through to get him a lisc. Or if it is any different from just getting a non resident lisc.

I would assume they would be eligable for a nonresident lisc but would need proof of identity such as a drivers lisc or passport. Check with your local baitshop to find out. I think the one hitch would be if they ask for a social secuirty number.

Tunrevir~

I had the same issue last year. My son's friend was a foreign exchange student from Switzerland and I took them fishing. It took the guy at the bait shop literally about a half hour to figure it out (he had never done one for a non US resident) but we eventually got him his license. The initial hang up was that it required him to enter a SS# which residents of Switzerland don't have!

It might not hurt to call ahead depending on where your purchasing your licence and give them a heads up. I also would avoid the Holiday's of the world where the pimple faced girl who doesn't know a fish from a duck behind the counter has problems with regular license sales much less for someone from another country. wink

all he needs is dl or passport. Had a friend over from Australia for Christmas and he showed them his dl and got fishing license

This is correct. My fiance is Canadian and all she had to do is give them her passport. Your friend will get a regular nonresident license.