• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WI or River reports?

Deitz Dittrich

So, anybody else get out this weekend?

Cecil and I got out yesterday(Sunday).. hit the water around 7am, and fished till 5:30.. Fun day, water temps on the two lakes we fished were 55-58, fish were prespawn. Found a lot of fish on points leading to spawning bays. And was able to get those fish with jig worms and jig/pig. If the wind was blowing into a spawning flat/area the fish were shallower and very active, swim jigs and shallow cranks produced a lot of fish. All in all a fun day, I can feel my toes and fingers again(cold wet rain) probably put about 80 fish in the boat, largest was 3lbs..

Nw WI Eau Claire Chain. Total bust Launched boat Fri 58 Degree water. Cold rain temps dropped to 52 by Sunday no bass landed only some follows on x-raps. Will be up for the week of the 14th hopefully more stable weather.

Mwal

Me and MN BassFisher hit pool 2 on saturday morning and man are they going nuts right now. Fished from about 9:30-1:30 and ended up with probably around 40 largemouth. A lot of 2.5-2.75lbers caught. Biggest fish of the day was a 3.25lb smallie. Water temps in the backwaters were up to around 64°.

Not to change the topic but, I was seeing water temps in the 52-54*F range on deer. This was Sunday after the big storm. Does that sound plausible or is my temp gauge off a little bit.

bassfshin24 do you mind sharing what types of areas you were catching them? ie main channel/current breaks/sloughs ect... If not thats cool to, thanks

Not to change the topic but, I was seeing water temps in the 52-54*F range on deer. This was Sunday after the big storm. Does that sound plausible or is my temp gauge off a little bit.

bassfshin24 do you mind sharing what types of areas you were catching them? ie main channel/current breaks/sloughs ect... If not thats cool to, thanks

Deer is a fairly clear deep lake, quite possible it was only 54..

fished a small club tournament on Bone on Saturday. Ended up taking 1st with just under 13lbs. Caught 5 fish on a buzzbait in a 64 degree channel/bay first thing in the morning. The main lake was 52-54 degrees and I struggled big time to catch anything except for a few dock fish. It was a tough day besides the morning bite...

Fished a smaller lake on sunday. Managed to only catch 8 in about 5 hours, but one was a 5lb 8oz piggy with a bloody tail and laying eggs as I released it. Water was dirty so I did not see it on a bed, but I assume it was spawning.

Overall I had a relatively tough weekend in terms of numbers. This time of year I feel like you have a very good chance of catching large numbers of fish, especially if there are still prespawn. I was a bit surprised that the bite was tough on the two lakes I fished.

I hit pool 3 on friday. I caught alot of smallies along with a few nice largies, only had a couple legal fish though. They all came on current breaks and or the mouths to the back waters. They bit on jerkbaits in the current breaks, and square bills bounced off the wood in the back water spots produced the largies. I will be heading back out in the morning to play around in the high water. Then head up the croix in the afternoon just to play with the new depth finder. I'm having a blast with the side imaging setting way points for new spots to try when the season opens in a few weeks.

As a Pool 2 neophyte myself I could take an educated guess as to where he was fishing.

The thing about P2 is there are a select few areas that hold decent numbers of Largemouth.

That being said, they get a lot of pressure.

I just got back and the river is up quit a bit I would guess around 2 feet and the current is flying, my 70 lb trolling motor couldn't even hold me in place on the main channel. If you guys go out watch for logs they were everywere. On the upside I boated around 20-30 fish today with the biggest around 18". All were caught on cranks in slack water tight to shore.