• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

X-Rap's breaking off hooks

fisherman-andy

I use mainly sizes 6 and 8. But have been having horrible luck as what holds or seeds the treble hook to the lure have been breaking off. I have lost countless fish over this. Anyone experiencing the same issue? Or it just me? These lures are getting too expensive to keep breaking on me.

wwm8fk.jpg

Last season was terrible for me using and losing a lot of the rear hooks and lips on my DT4s. Haven't had that problem yet with my kvd cranks. Lost 8 Dt4s in one day of fishing, gets kinda old having that problem for how much they cost, it adds up fast.

Never lost one yet on any of these lures. I have alot of them and use them quite a bit. Maybe lucky or something. Is the treble pulling out or is part of the lure body broken off, looks like just the treble.

If it is just the treble could one epoxy the back treble back into the end of the lure body with a strong 2 part epoxy?

I would call first and then if the company will do nothing, epoxy the treble back in.

I would contact Rapala. I had an issue with another companies lure a couple of years ago and they sent me some free lures. I would think that Rapala would take care of you.

For the price of Rapalas, I am shocked that they do not have full through wire construction on these lures. If they were, you would not have to worry about these problems. How lame!

I have had this happen to xraps and husky jerks. Back hooks and middle hooks. PITA. Never thought about sending them in. I threw the ones away that lost the back hook and just continue to use the ones with the middle hook gone. The action does seem to be better without that hook on there though. LOL

I've thrown away a few and the rest I stashed and was thinking of somehow glueing it all back but dont think it will hold. If it happens again i'll likely get in contact with Rapala. In total I have had 7 xraps do this. My buddy has a few himself too. Im just waiting for one to fall apart again during use...

I've thrown away a few and the rest I stashed and was thinking of somehow glueing it all back but dont think it will hold. If it happens again i'll likely get in contact with Rapala. In total I have had 7 xraps do this. My buddy has a few himself too. Im just waiting for one to fall apart again during use...

Why wait for it to happen again? Rapala will take care of you. Send yours and your buddies back together.

I've had Cotton Cordell lure do that but I didn't pay top dollar for them. It kind of makes me wonder what I'm paying for. I hope it isn't the finish because I don't think the fish care one way or the other for that.

Ive heard the problems with DT's lips but I think that has a lot to do with improper care, never heard of this problem with the Xraps.

Send 'em back to Rapala and they will take care of you.

I've broken bills on DTs before by being lazy and smacking them against the water to remove weeds instead of just taking them off. Now when I use DT's I loosen my drag up just a tad.