• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wives and Garage Sales

gixxer01

Just cause it's FREE doesn't mean it's a good deal!

My son carried in a free box from a garage sale I asked what it was he pulled from behind his back a 2 foot blow up bowling pin and smiles whaile saying I got 20 of these for free.... I say NOW WHAT ... he looks at me bewildered and says but they were free

Guess I got 20 long rang rifle targets next fall grin

I don;t mean to hijack this thread, but could not resist, I have learned, to inspect the mdse the wife has for sale before the sale begins. there is always something of mine on it I don;t want sold.

My ex loved having garage sales. One of the main reasons she's an ex. Tried selling stuff of mine she thought I never used. Seriously, she couldn't figure out that ice augers are used in the winter? Either she was just stupid or just looking for a fight.

Fellas, unless you want her inspecting every bag you come home with from Gander, the FF or Cabelas I think you're best off averting your gaze and keeping your mouth shut when she's out wandering on a weekend. If you wait long enough most of the stuff will end up at her garage sale anyway.

Trust me, I am not complaining......

It could be worse, she could be at the big Mall all day instead.

20/30 bucks here and there and she's happy and so am I.

I agree I to hide the bags of goodies I get at the sporting stores....If she saw what I spend on the fishing stuff she problebly will start going to the Malls

Thankfully, my wife hates those things as much as I do. I guess I have come to the point in life that I would rather spend a little more on the stuff I need and spend my time off doing stuff like hunting and fishing. The only one of those that I have been to in the last 5 years or more was the one at Clam last weekend...which was awesome I might add!!

Every Thursday from 8 to 11 a.m. the neighborhood streets looks like there is used minivan parade going on. If you want to unload something and don't want to take the time to sell it just put it at the end of the driveway about 7:30 on a Thursday morning and tape a "Free" sign on it. Disapears every time.

If you want to unload something and don't want to take the time to sell it just put it at the end of the driveway about 7:30 on a Thursday morning and tape a "Free" sign on it. Disapears every time.

And if that doesn't work just put a sign on it that says "For Sale $20". Then someone is sure to steal it, either way its out of your hair.

Nofisherman, that is the key, put $20 or $10 on it, just so it looks like it has value and somebody WILL "steal" it! hahaha! We do it all the time wink not steal it, but use the $10 sign trick...

wife just had her garage sale this weekend got rid of half of Shtuff in garage. Now she has all summer to go to other sales and refil it.

Got to admit that lady can shop, she may have every closet filled but not a birthday or other event goes by that she cant reach into the magic closet and pull out a present. She's also found me tackle and tools and other necesities so cant complain at all.

Probably about 10 years ago my buddy's mom bought a nice little 9.9hp outboard at a garage sale for $15 or something dumb. Worked great for their little dingy. I'm guessing some poor guy was not too happy that night. frown

Eric, are you really into making bird houses, if so you should let me know, I may have a connection that may interest you...

Sorry for the late reply, just saw this.

Yes, I make a bunch of them. They're somewhat unique. This sounds corney but I make birdhouses that look like peoples house. My neighborhood is full of them. grin I recently put up a bird feeder, that looks like my garage, next to my bird house that looks like my house.

Yeah I know, it's weird but it keeps me out of trouble.

That's awesome Eric. Can you make me one that looks like the White House?

I hit the Richfield garage sales last weekend. I picked up a perfectly good Ryobi table saw for $25 at an estate sale plus a 1957 Johnson Seahorse 3hp motor for $25. It's got a nest or two inside but the prop turns when I pull it so I know that I can get it running with a good cleaning. The outside is in great shape. Gotta love garage sales!

nothing wrong with that, take a little patience and talent as well!

I know a guy with a hay loft half full of materials to build bird houses, and a file cabinet full of the plans for them, they are pretty old (30 yrs or more) The guys built them at one point, but he passed around the age of 50, and They never have been touched since...