• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weed service recommendation?

nate larson

Just got off the phone with True Green, they want 367 dollars to manage our backyard for the year. This is for 5 applications. I said I only want to do 2 or 3 and they said they don't offer that. They said I could get one application for 123 bucks! This seems a little ridiculous to me. Does anyone have any recommendations for another service to check with? I am having some issues with garlic mustard creeping in from the wooded lot behind us.

Thanks!

Nate

It does seem high, but looks like their quote is $70 per app. When someone cherry picks the apps, you run the risk of being called back so maybe they are covering their but for that reason, especially when you have some tough weeds you specify.

Most of the time in the spring companies will use just the 24d (three way) app that hits broad leaf like thistle, dandelion etc. In the fall they use the more broad spectrum liquid such as momentum which costs more but controls a lot more weeds. If you need two apps with the heavy duty stuff in it, that may be why they are charging more. It may involve running your area with a different truck/tank mix than the normal one doing the rest of the houses in the block too (Special trip)?

I don't offer individual apps either, only the full program. Some do and some don't.

It does seem high, but looks like their quote is $70 per app. When someone cherry picks the apps, you run the risk of being called back so maybe they are covering their but for that reason, especially when you have some tough weeds you specify.

Most of the time in the spring companies will use just the 24d (three way) app that hits broad leaf like thistle, dandelion etc. In the fall they use the more broad spectrum liquid such as momentum which costs more but controls a lot more weeds. If you need two apps with the heavy duty stuff in it, that may be why they are charging more. It may involve running your area with a different truck/tank mix than the normal one doing the rest of the houses in the block too (Special trip)?

I don't offer individual apps either, only the full program. Some do and some don't.

I agree with everything MuleShack has said, other than I will do single, or two apps for those that want them.

I will not guarantee anything with single apps though. I personally think the price is in line. $70 per app for 1/2 acre +/- is right in line by the time you start adding in fuel, taxes, material, marketing (just think of the marketing the large national chains pay), wages, etc.

If people are smart, they are charging for all of those expenses. Sure, TG/hsolist is probably already doing some yards in the area, but if those drop off, they still need to cover their expenses.

As for recommending here, the professionals aren't allowed to solicit work, unless we want to pay to sponsor, which is completely understandable.

LOts of great companies in the metro that will do an "ala carte" lawn treatment.

I live in Eden Prairie. I used to work for Davey Tree (and lawn) and I use Green Stuff for my yard now. Both will do what you want. I have no comment on the pricing. You'll have to ask them.