• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2012 Fish House Build

Lip_Ripper Guy

Is that how you leave them before spray foaming or do you clean them up and centalize bundles of wires running down the sides of studs? Just thinking down the road if you ever had a wiring issue, it would be a lot easier to chip away foam down the side of a stud to reach all wires vs. random areas.

I'm no expect, just an arm chair quarterback. smile

It'll pretty much be left as is. There shouldn't be any wiring issues, as it's held in place by the foam, but there could be a fixture issue. There is enough extra wiring at each fixture to accommodate any future changes. With the spray foam, once it's done, there's no going back. That stuff is rock solid (good and bad)!

The last few days have been spent tidying up all the wiring, and taping it down to the back side of the siding wherever possible.

Yesterday I had Midwest Complete Comfort come out and do the spray foam. I've used some other companies in the past, and these guys did a way better job, both in application, and in clean up. They left the fish house cleaner than when they got there, which made me happy.

I've said it before, but the strength the spray foam adds to the entire structure is unreal.

3B4522C4-6DDD-46C1-9DE0-7DD92927F21C-210

1310816D-BD94-4575-A366-FC145CDEABE2-210

F796FACF-2D9D-4560-BE8D-2F10F012A971-210

Everything should come together pretty quickly now. I have a real good start on the cabinets and dinettes. Next is getting all the tongue and groove stained, which I started last night. It'll take at least 50 package (6 pieces per package), so it does take some time.

Way to go LRG. Absolutely terrific thread and impressive project/attention to detail. Any progress inside in the last 2 weeks?

Thanks! Lots of progress has been made since the last pics (in baby steps). This is the part of the build where it seems like there is no progress because it's a lot of tedious little projects.

Here is the back dinette (cedar) getting a heavy coat of Waterlox:

456EAA71-E6C8-4ABA-9285-55C4264F8C67-319

The dinette base in place:

EC97AFE8-5104-4763-A8EF-B066D05B66B3-319

Base cabinet without doors, checking everything for fit:

7B022460-4F8B-49C1-AC68-C76D13F40857-319

Base cabinet in place, measuring for the furnace, gas lines, routing some wires, etc:

8CB2EB06-8E78-40BA-9EC9-65107094541A-319

Upper cabinet:

4964376D-B9AE-45F6-874F-BD1650F3A625-319

Deer hunting is going to make it a little tough to put much time in, but I'd say another 2-3 weeks it should be pretty well finished up.

How hard were the dinette and the cabinets to make? I haven't done woodworking in 10 years (and vaguely remember that!) I have never made cabinetry and am a little bit nervous!

If I don't make my own I was thinking of purchasing premade unfinished oak, but not sure how that will look with the cedar