• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2012 Fish House Build

Lip_Ripper Guy

Direct vent is fine, I just don't like the 4' x 4'+ of wall space it takes up, or the 95 pounds. For me, I'd rather put up with a little noise to have a furnace that tucks into a base cabinet, and have the heat come out at floor level to dry everything out, circulate, and help keep the floor warm and holes open.

Direct vent is fine, I just don't like the 4' x 4'+ of wall space it takes up, or the 95 pounds. For me, I'd rather put up with a little noise to have a furnace that tucks into a base cabinet, and have the heat come out at floor level to dry everything out, circulate, and help keep the floor warm and holes open.

This, and that they are hard to regulate. My old house had a direct vent and I was either dripping with sweat or freezing.

Maybe I just never found the sweet spot.

You did an awesome job on the house. I think you should start to take orders and selling them!?

I'd love to, and I've had plenty of people ask, but there's very few people willing to pay for "above-Ice-Castle-quality", and I'm not willing to cut any corners. That's why I build my own. And that's not to say Ice Castle doesn't build a pretty good house, as they've gotten a lot better in the last few years.

Hey, rip ripper I'm adding some mods to my wheelhouse and I was wondering what was the best mod you have done to your house that was very use full? I'm just looking for some ideas that I could do to mine this summer.

Hey, rip ripper I'm adding some mods to my wheelhouse and I was wondering what was the best mod you have done to your house that was very use full? I'm just looking for some ideas that I could do to mine this summer.

Since it is a custom build, there aren't really any 'mods' in the traditional sense. Here are a few of my favorite features that would be great additions to any fish house:

1) Insulated furnace cabinet-since it was a recent topic.

2) All LED interior lighting-very low power usage.

3) Electronic outside heated 'rattle reels'. No getting up to check your tip up every 2 minutes. No freezing.

4) Ceiling fan.

5) Lots of exterior lights.

On December 4, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Lip_Ripper Guy said:

Took a trip to the scale last night, which was also the first time pulling the finished house. Pulled really well, and weighed in at 5400#.

The first pic is with the hydraulics locked in the highest of 6 positions. I have a small drop hitch on, so it looks out of balance.

7AA4A658-3C0E-42E0-97D2-97CAA4D9AD49-256

This next one is with it dropped down 1 position, to make it pretty much perfectly level. This will be fine for going down the road, but it is definitely too low for a sloped access. But the wireless hydraulic remote takes care of that without even leaving the truck!

39E9C02A-7DBB-442C-BA70-1F35DDDB4E6D-256

The table drops down flat to make a 48" x 92" bed, and the upper bunk folds roughly in half for good head space at the table, and I can still keep cushions and sleeping bags up there going down the road without them ending up all over the house. If you look really close at the front of each bench, there is a small UV LED light built in for glow jigs.

3572DA8A-3A07-4D78-9240-9BD5C284FBD6-256

The inside of each wheel well has outlets for charging the Marcum's. Because of the design of the frame, the wheel wells only needed to be about 20" tall. I wasn't sure exactly what to do with the space, but the extra storage will be nice. At the top right corner of the door you can see a small box covered with diamond plate. This is the controller for our 'outboxes', which are basically heated boxes with electronic rattle reels. Slicker than snot.

00F14DBC-00C6-4FCE-85CC-814AC4841523-256

70F439FD-A9A7-4A9E-BDD4-F14ADBAC8C99-256

And last, but certainly not least

80F0870F-5324-4207-8D7E-64E4589CEAF8-256

Now all we need is ice!

Not sure if you got rid of this house yet but, I was wondering if you have close up exterior pictures of the exhaust fan in the bathroom. I have pro rib siding run horizontally, do you think the exterior vent cover would still seal up decent? If you also know the brand of the fan that would be helpful I am having trouble locating this one. 

13 hours ago, avidleech said:

Not sure if you got rid of this house yet but, I was wondering if you have close up exterior pictures of the exhaust fan in the bathroom. I have pro rib siding run horizontally, do you think the exterior vent cover would still seal up decent? If you also know the brand of the fan that would be helpful I am having trouble locating this one. 

Not sure what one your looking for but this unit may fit in between the ribs on your siding. I put this unit in my shack and it seems pretty nice. https://www.etrailer.com/Enclosed-Trailer-Parts/Ventline/VP-543SP.html