• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

36" Carp FULL of Eggs - What Weight??

I don't know, but that sounds like a whopper!!

No pics?

Were you using a hand spear? Hardly anyone seems to do that any more (I do!).

Back in the '60 s it was popular to spear carp with pitchforks in the cornfields.

25-30ish lbs if it was 36in long and full of eggs. My biggest was 36 and full of eggs too, came in at just under 25lbs. Biggest one I ever saw was 40in 32in round and 43lbs, this beast my buddie Brad caught while jiging for walleyes. Had to bring it to the local feed mill to weigh it. Bait shot scale was not up to the task that day wink.

20lbs or so? Maybe a bit more? Nice fish definitely! Somewhere in that range I'd think.

My biggest was a lower to mid 30s incher, weighed in at 15lbs. Wish I'd gotten a tape measurement to know length for sure.

Really depends on the fish. I got a 36" out of Nokomis last year that went only 18lbs. I got a 38" years ago that went 27. The 27lb one was different though. It wasn't torpedo shaped, it had a big hump above the head and was incredibly thick and broad. Also it was late summer, so no eggs. The age of the fish matters a lot I think.

I would say 25-30lbs I've never really have measured any of my carp. Shot 1 a couple years ago that was just spawned out that was 36 inches and weighed 23lbs.

I was kinda wondering if I estimated my recent catch correctly and i think I did... I caught a 32" monster that I guessed weighed about 15lbs...fun fight with 4lb test and a light action rod!!!

So what you making carp caviar or something? Sorry just had to ask as you apparently have cookware full of carp eggss smile

My wife fry's up fish eggs. She tried these but weren't as good, so we threw them away. I got out the casserole bowl because that was one of the only things big enough to fit all the eggs. Shouldda took a picture of just the eggs...