• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Definitely not a catfish...

Selmer

I was in the midst of catching a limit of 17-24" channel cats today on the Minnesota River and this bugger crashed my party right after the 5th cat made it into the boat. Set off screaming downstream, had fun bringing her in! I think I may be addicted to fishing behind established log jams... I was above the Granite Falls dam, so no chance it was a flathead, but I hoped for just a little while...

Photo05031218.jpg

are you saying there are no flatheads above the dam?

Yes. I've been told there are no flathead catfish above the Granite Falls Dam on the Minnesota River. By many locals and the local CO. They've never been stocked above the dam according to them, and I've never caught one. Then again, I've never fished for flatheads specifically either.