• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I did it !

Musky Buck

I managed to hit all baseball posts with some rambling of some sort. In all truthfulness where or what happens from here in the coaching dept., player dept., etc. You look at rankings and Mourneau was ranked 7th out of 8 DH's listed, Joe was ranked 5th at catcher with a few guys I've never heard of ahead or just beneath him, in 35 post-season at bats Joe is clubbing .286 with 1 rbi, the rest of the roster is shaky either offensively and or defensively, what are your thoughts ? We know pitching is really ugly, we're not fooling many, if we do then the next guy picks it up for the guy, I see more batters getting themselves out then stellar pitching or pitches, so the big ? is how many years will it take to get back what we had not so long ago ? Watching the sports news last night and the twins are getting the tail end of the broadcast maybe because they're still out west but not much is said. Tap into our minor leaguers ? Trades ? Free agency ?

Not much in our farm system to tap into. This club is in serious trouble unless the Pohlad's decide to loosen thier grip on the wallet and 'buy' some decent pitchers next season. I certainly wouldn't hold out hope Gibson will come riding his white horse into Target field next year... I bet it's a couple years before we possibly see him.

Good Luck!

Ken

I finally got a chance to really watch the team over the weekend and there's a big issue, it isn't a team. We have no heart and soul, no 1 leading the way, no Nick Punto effort, no Jim Thome leadership, no Mike Redmond fire, people aren't talking to each other, it's a mess. I'm done commenting on Twins baseball, it's a mess and we're breaking records in the futility department, I haven't seen that poor of a display out of the twins since the buck buchanon days, mercy. This stretch of 9 in a row at home will determine even more if we have a pulse or not, if we've already got guys packing it in or going through the motions. On May 7th we can say maybe next year, oh boy.

Ish, 5-0 in a day game where you can pick up the ball very well, Mauer 0 fer again against a righty, 2 of 15 in throwing out runners, the big ? could be are his best years ahead of him or behind him, he's definitely taken a step back. Wow we stink. Without Willingham and Doumit we're nobody, even with them we're not much of an anybody. We've got huge problems in all areas.