• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stadium Vote

pikestabber

I heard on the radio 25-40 million... depends on final design. I believe it will only be a small portion off the entire roof over the field that would be retractable. It sounds like the stands would still be under the roof...

Good Luck!

Ken

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On KFAN, Lester Bagley stated that if it is under 50 degrees, NFL will not allow roof to be retracted. What the he//???? If that is the criteria, why waste the money on a retractable??

On KFAN, Lester Bagley stated that if it is under 50 degrees, NFL will not allow roof to be retracted. What the he//???? If that is the criteria, why waste the money on a retractable??

I believe Ziggy wants to start a pro soccer team, and they would need the roof to be open for it.

In a way, he's right.

I said it before, if the Vikings could actually put a winning team on the field they'd have more public support for this stadium. Instead, they keep getting used up old washed out q-backs and no talent defensive secondary.

Will a new stadium change the way they acquire talent and play to win? Or, will it just keep the same old-same-old team in town for a few more years? Hell, at least Denver finally won a Super Bowl.

I'm thinking the latter, I hope I'm wrong. Time will tell.

In a way, he's right.

I said it before, if the Vikings could actually put a winning team on the field they'd have more public support for this stadium. Instead, they keep getting used up old washed out q-backs and no talent defensive secondary.

Will a new stadium change the way they acquire talent and play to win? Or, will it just keep the same old-same-old team in town for a few more years? Hell, at least Denver finally won a Super Bowl.

I'm thinking the latter, I hope I'm wrong. Time will tell.

The stadium bill had plenty of public support. The reasons for the problems getting the bill passed was strictly political B.S.

Racino was hugely popular by the people of Minnesota...how can such a simple fix to the stadium and other issues be so strongly opposed by the people at the capital. Hmmmm....

Thee Most enjoyable NFL game I've been to and I've been to quite a few, was the Monday Night "played on Tuesday" Vikes vs Bears game at the Bank in a snow storm.

Outdoor football can't be beat!

Living in MPLS I'd be happy to pay for the Retractable roof TOO.. But I don't see it happening~

Thee Most enjoyable NFL game I've been to and I've been to quite a few, was the Monday Night "played on Tuesday" Vikes vs Bears game at the Bank in a snow storm.

It was also the most enjoyable to watch on TV, even with Jaws and Mike Tirico. Win, lose, or draw for the Vikings it was a fun game to watch. Just seemed like the real fans were there, not the corporate stuffed suits that are typically at the games and everyone seemed to be having a good time from what I could see even though it wasn't above 50 degrees. smirk

Football should be played outside, period.