• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stadium Vote

pikestabber

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the point. You don't believe anything we're saying anyways.

If you really wanted to you could find the final bill that will be voted on and read it for yourself. Don't take our word for whats in the bill and how it will all be funded, do the research for yourself. Nothing we say will ever change your mind so why should we even care to try.

Looks like the House and Senate will be getting the revised bill tonight or tomorrow.

The revised bill ups the Vikings contribution by $50 Million instead of the $105 million the house originally wanted.

It also includes 2 "blink on" taxes that only enacted if the electronic gambling doesn't raise the required revenue. The blink on taxes are a vikings theme lottery game and a tax on luxury seats in the stadium.

It also gives the vikings back the rights to a soccer franchise, for whatever good that will do.

I think this should stand a good chance at passing based on the previous votes. Nothing sticks out as a deal killer. The big thing is if the vikings are willing to agree to the additional $50 million. They'd be fools not to agree to it though so I think this just might get done. We might be seeing that big foot riding a unicorn afterall.

Quote:
Ziggy could quadruple the price of tickets and merchandise and have a new stadium without government getting involved.

The government would be heavily involved in collecting the MILLIONS of dollars annually in State income and sales tax's that ALL of the athletes/entertainers/patrons that preform here in our Great state.

Quote:
You guys really do believe that government exsists to fund or assist sports teams and racinos instead of protecting freedom

Good Grief ... you sound like a politician on a tabloid talk show.

protecting freedom? LOL

In the end, the way I look at it is there are a lot of things the government spends money on that I don't agree with, and feel no benifit from. This ain't one of them.

STAY VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Vikings stadium vote in the senate today was just overturned...Too many Senators in the huddle! full-17729-20461-roflmao.gif

This whole thing was probably staged and dragged out to the very last minute knowing full well that they would ask the vikings to pitch in more. This way the tax payers dont take it out on the politicians for spending willy nilly and putting "Careful thought" into it. And the Vikings look good for ponying up $50 million more.

They even left the door open for the vikings to really look good to spend the extra $25 Mil and put a retractable roof on it.

It would really be great if the government could come up with some cash for all the low income and poverty level people in this state that have a hard time putting food in front of there kids or trying to make a decent living in this state. Shell all this money out for a frickin stadium to watch some guys run back and forth, get real you politicians, Just voicing my opinion on how much money gets wasted on these sports teams across the country. When i saw that guy bawling his eyes out on the news that the vikings are staying, I said to my wife that im glad I only have minor things to cry aboat like making the house and utility payments every month.

There's already lots of money being paid out to the poor and food stamps to make sure they don't go hungry. Do you really think we need to dish out more money to expand these programs? I don't think anyone in need is being turned away because of lack of funds. Building the stadium isn't going to take any money away from the poor. It may even help stimulate the economy with new jobs plus the money being brought into the state by pro football.

It would really be great if the government could come up with some cash for all the low income and poverty level people in this state that have a hard time putting food in front of there kids or trying to make a decent living in this state.

I'm all for helping out low income families, but here's my problem with dishing out any more money for this problem. There are far too many people in that poverty level class that are involved in drugs or drink too much. They don't have enough money to feed their family, but do have enough to smoke a joint or two. Let's start drug testing those who want this help, and cut off anyone who fails. With all that extra money, we could afford to up the amount of money to those who actually deserve it!

Back on track though.... I'm happy this passed. I don't attend games, but I didn't want to see them in L.A. at all.

It would really be great if the government could come up with some cash for all the low income and poverty level people in this state that have a hard time putting food in front of there kids or trying to make a decent living in this state. Shell all this money out for a frickin stadium to watch some guys run back and forth, get real you politicians, Just voicing my opinion on how much money gets wasted on these sports teams across the country. When i saw that guy bawling his eyes out on the news that the vikings are staying, I said to my wife that im glad I only have minor things to cry aboat like making the house and utility payments every month.

It would be far better for the state and those on the dole if they would eliminate welfare and use projects like this to give those people a job and income. I am all for helping those in need but I am also strongly in favor of making it a two way street where those who are getting assistance are also giving back to the community by building and maintaining infrastructure, parks etc.

My guess is if this was a requirement many of those who can't find work now would suddenly be more successful too.

I'm all for helping out low income families, but here's my problem with dishing out any more money for this problem. There are far too many people in that poverty level class that are involved in drugs or drink too much. They don't have enough money to feed their family, but do have enough to smoke a joint or two. Let's start drug testing those who want this help, and cut off anyone who fails. With all that extra money, we could afford to up the amount of money to those who actually deserve it!

I somewhat agree with this, however, what happens to these people and their helpless children if they don't pass the drug tests? Let them die on the street?