• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HDS 5

Tom7227

My rig is intermittent at getting a depth reading. I was going to see if it needed some sort of software update and I see that they have a couple out that I haven't done. It talks about Gen 1 and Gen 2. I don't know what Gen my rig is, it is 3 years old and is only an HDS5. Could someone please square me away on this? If I am supposed to go with the Gen2 are these things cumulative or do I have to work through from the last one I did to the Gen 2?

Thanks for your time.

Tom

Sorry to hijack this post, but will a Gen2 HDS run the older Lakemaster chips? I know H-bird bought lakemaster, so the new chips won't work, but I have 3 chips already and was hoping they would work if I upgrade to the HDS Gen2.

My rig is intermittent at getting a depth reading. I was going to see if it needed some sort of software update and I see that they have a couple out that I haven't done. It talks about Gen 1 and Gen 2. I don't know what Gen my rig is, it is 3 years old and is only an HDS5. Could someone please square me away on this? If I am supposed to go with the Gen2 are these things cumulative or do I have to work through from the last one I did to the Gen 2?

Thanks for your time.

Tom

correct, HDS gen 2's just came out this year.

Over the years, Lowrance has had transducer problems. At least I have had problems with Lowrance transducers, especially the ones with the blue connector.

You might try another transducer or a different head with your transducer to try to narrow it down.

You might try another transducer or a different head with your transducer to try to narrow it down.

Gee I don't want to have to do that. It's on a pontoon and running the wire is a major PITA. I tried to download the updates and after about 15 minutes a box popped up and said something wasn't right and it quite the download. Retry and the same result. I finally looked at the date on the update and saw that I had already done it so that's not a solution.

I was out on Thursday night and it continued to be intermittent. Odd thing was that for a while we were anchored and it would go on and off with the depth. The intermittent issues are always the most difficult to deal with.

You could try just sticking the new transducer on the side of a pontoon with double stick tape for test purposes. How often does it happen?

I wasn't successful in finding the number of the transducer to see if it is the HST skimmer with the blue connector that I have gone through three of.

Also the manual I was reading suggested electrical noise or perhaps battery voltage?