• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

another trail cam question

I have never used a trail cam before and am interested in buying one. I am very confused on quality vs price. There is no way I can afford a $500 dollar camera. I would like to stay around the $100 mark but it seems when you read the reviews in the price category they get a lot of negative responses as well as great views also. I am totally confused. Is it possible to have a good reliable unit in the range of $100 or is it an unreal request?

A few posts down Jay posted "cheaper trail cam recommendations ". I have the moultrie ir 55's. They're 100$. I've heard good things about the trophy cam which I think is a little over 100$. Check out the other post. Good advice there.

I have a Moultrie M-80 which is a sweet little cam for around $115-$125 on e b a y. Usually you can find it with free shipping for brand new. Has fairly quick trigger speed and the battery life is great. It is comparaible to the bushnell trophy cam according to the reviews on chaseing game.