• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1700 Pro Angler and 60HP Prop

Dan L

I am looking for some info on a 1996 Lund 1700 Pro Angler and 60HP Evinrude motor. Does anyone have any experience with this combo? I am looking for a different prop for this used boat. I am also looking for the max rpm's for this motor.

We have a 1996 70 evinrude in our family it’s the same engine just 10 more hp, ours has the VRO this is OMC’s first attempt at a oil injection, what they did is use a fuel pump / oil pump combo the oil and gas mix at the pump a 2 in one thing. We have replaced 2 of these and they are not cheep we paid over 200., just for the part. They came out with VRO in the late 80’s early 90’s many of these early engines had problems with burn downs not getting oil, many dealers were capping off the oil supply and having there customers mix the oil and gas.

There’s a lot more to say about this subject but the bottom line is that engine wouldn’t be my first choice but if its your only choice it could work out OK. If the engine is a 1996 it should have a low oil alarm and oil not mixing alarm there is suppose to be a sensor on the pump but if your pumping water out of your oil tank it can’t tell the differents. As for RPM I think max is 5600 to 6000 this will change with different props and how much weight your pushing. Good luck I hope this helps