• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Outdoor Kitchens

Who has them and if you do let's see them! I'm going to embark on a basic project that involves me modifying a standard wooden workbench from M nards as the bones and turning it into an outdoor island/bar to put in between my gas and charcoal grills. Like I said, it's going to be simple but I'd love to see what other FMers are doing!

cant wait to see what others have... last year I had a grill patio put along side my house and deck.. turned out beautiful. My thoughts are to have the grill attached to out natural gas(bought a grill that is already designed for this)-- it shouldnt be too hard as the gas stove is right on other side of wall where grill is.. WOuld like a bench and sink there too.. just so happens water is right there to outside..

Good luck Dietz. A wet bar would be awesome. I'm envious of these guys on one of our neighboring lakes that have built a tiki bar with an outdoor television, kegmeister, etc. Someday, that would be my dream. For now, I've started to dig out a 8 x 8 foot area that I've edged with pavers. I'm going to fill it with crushed granite when ready and then put the bench for all my grilling stuff and that will do double duty as a bar top on it. Along with my gas and chargoal grills. You have to start somewhere. Hoping to have this complete within the next couple of weeks and will post pics once done.

It might not be a full-on kitchen, but there isn't a picture on here yet... It is basically a table that I designed and built to house my Weber on a stainless steel panel. The table is made out of old redwood fence pieces, planed and sanded, and given a waterproofing treatment. It gets the Weber up to a better working height, and the top smoker grate is almost flush with the table top. This is at my old house, but I'd like to add some sort of roof to the area I am currently using them in, for both sun and rain protection. IF I get there I'll be sure to post more. No water or fridge but it's on the deck, so it's not like I don't have it close by.

webertable12.jpg

McGurk. Nice set-up. That's really cool. Did you do the stainless steel yourself in terms of molding and cutting it? And that's exactly what I'm talking about when I say outdoor kitchen. It doesn't have to have running water or a fridge, though I think all that would be cool some day, but just a cool outdoor cooking area like this. Some place to set up and do some grillin' without running back and forth into the house constantly to get things.

The top is a panel from a upright commercial SS freezer door, and I just stripped the insulation and handle off, and built the table to its size. I cut out the hole for the Weber with a jigsaw using steel blades run SLOOOOWWWWLY so as not to burn out the blade. I also left some 3/4" "tabs" in the hole, that I bent up to fit under the ring of the Weber so it is suspended just a bit off of the flat surface. I the hung a charcoal bowl from an old junk smoker underneath for an ash catcher, and there are some small SS panels about 1/2" from the inside of the hot side of the table, to deflect some of the heat. You can see the tabs and panels here:

webertable06.jpg

Also, thought I'd put a better pic of the smoker since I have cleaned it up and painted it black after that last picture was taken. grin

pa220285.jpg

I got my outdoor area roughed in today in time for grilling some porterhouses for Mother's Day tomorrow. Grilled some pulled pork tonight. Once the polyurethane dries, I'll start stocking the new grillin' bench.full-25796-20502-grill.jpg

full-25796-20503-pork.jpg