• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

honda or yamaha?

mmartin

I have a Honda 2000 with an auxiliary tank I made. Start it on Friday night and don't shut it down til Sunday. Lots of hours with no trouble so far. Just keep it out of the elements in box of truck and change oil. I vote Honda but don't know anyone with Yamaha.

i wouldnt buy either of these units they are both way to quiet! you need something that makes some noise otherwise you will have people setting up right next to you. The louder the better just leave it in trhe back of your truck and and turn the truck around so that the generator is facing away from you you wont hear a thing.

This will be my first year with a perm (8X16). What is the smallest Generator that I can get away with? Just trying to run the lights, and a ceiling fan. Maybe a dvd/tv if i can get away with it. I do plan on utilizing 2 batteries as well

This will be my first year with a perm (8X16). What is the smallest Generator that I can get away with? Just trying to run the lights, and a ceiling fan. Maybe a dvd/tv if i can get away with it. I do plan on utilizing 2 batteries as well

You can get a Honda eu1000i or for a couple of hundred dollars more you can get the eu2000i. Both are super nice and super quiet.

Whats the difference between the regular Honda 2000 and the Honda 2000 'companion' generator?? Besides the fact that the companion has the 30 amp plug??

I know that they're made so that you can hook two together, get enough power to run the AC on a camper but if my main usage is going to be for a fish house, but I may want to plug in my camper, knowing that I can't run the AC, why not start out with just the companion generator?? Don't really like the idea of having to buy two generators...

Which Honda gen. does a guy need to run his fish house with an AC unit in it for camping? The regular Honda 2000 or the Companion?

A 2000 will run a small window a/c, but not a roof-top unit.

(seen this proven first hand)

Unless you have a giant wheelhouse, the tiny window units will keep you more than comfortable.

-Hope this helps!

If you have money to burn go with the yamy or honda. If you want to spend less go with a small 2 stroke generator. I'm on my second ETQ 900 watt generator. Yea they don't last as long as the $1000 generators but I paid under $100 for the ETQ. Just completed the fifth season, first one lasted three years, next season will be the third on this one. I'll gladly spend $100 every three years instead of $1000 dollars up front. Plus it's not a four stroke where the oil can get mighty thick on cold starts (it gets cold up on red lake)! It runs my microwave, lights, ceiling fan, radio and DVD/Tv with no problem. I can get five to six hours on a tank of gas.

I have a Honda 1000 that's been going, and going, and going and won't stop. I have an 8x10 that I run batts at night and the gen during the day charging the batts. When I want the microwave or small TV I pop her on and leave it going until I check my tipups.

One thing about a quiet generator is you should chain it up to your truck (or house if you're forgetful) so nobody "borrows" it if you doze off.

I just purchased a portable AC unit that vents out the window. It takes 760 watts when cooling and cools up to 350 sq ft, so you'd be fine with either generator if you went that route.

The problem generally isn't the running watts though, it's the starting watts. For a short while that AC unit will pull probably 3 to 5 times that 760 watts every time the compressor kicks in.

I have a Honda 200 that I keep in my cargo trailer for the times when there isn't a power outlet close when I am installing cabinets or countertops where the saws are set up outside. I have been running ethanol gas in it and it has not given me any problems. I try to run it at least every month and it works just fine. In my case I am not willing to buy ethanol free gas and have to worry about the having the fuel lines freeze up on me when I need it.