• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weight????

bigstick56

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The state record bass looks like its 6 lbs at the very least in the 1st photo. In the other photos, you could argue for 9-10 if you we're ambiguous to the fact that it's the MN state Record.

There are no "haterz" here either. BigStick's fish is a P-i-i-i-G by anybodies standards. But a healthy, 23 3/4 inch largemouth is probably floating within 1/4 lb of 8 lbs. Bigsticks fish is fat as heck and if it were truely just under 24 inches with that belly it could be approaching 9 lbs...

Most importantly, Congratulations on your personal best, Bigstick.

First off - I think its a great fish!

No, hating here.

With that said, all the attempts at trying to guess weight are based off this fish being just shy of 24.

I just dont see that fish being that long? I know pics are deceiving - but I would say closer to 22.

And Ebass - that is an awesome smallie. I really love the brown color on that one! I would say you are very close if not a nudge or 2 over 5 pounds. Its a wide one too.

IF I were lucky enuff to catch a true trophy worthy of posting on this board I would provide lenght, width , weight , circumference , photos from both sides, top and bottom views, front and rear looks,a certified scale analysis , and , notarized copies of at least three witnesses along with their polygraph exams.....I bet their still would be doubts about its' authenticity, much discussion and gnashing of teeth from others that likely are just plain jealous or find the need to show their elevated level of expertise in such matters......All in jest folks, just a thought that flashed thru my mind in a moment of pause......... 2c

Hey guys, thanks for the mixed results. I simply could care less on what it weighs I know its the biggest bass I have ever caught or seen caught for that matter. I was fishing a northern MN lake for crappies and using 3 lb test with a micro beatle spin is a very fun fight. Like I said I dont really care what it weighed nor am I claiming that it is a state record...just wanted to share the pics with you guys and get some feed back I think its safe to say that its a 5.5 to 8 pound fish...Thanks guys...

Maybe this will help / add fuel to the fire....I have this one measeure to the T- on a hawg trough...of course no picure of it. This might give u a reference to my size and the size of fish I am holding....This is a 27.25" walleye...Like I said this might just add fuel to the fire...

full-28403-20044-eye.jpg

Keep in mind 95 % of bass fishers think 3lb fish are 5 lb fish when in hand ,people mostly suck at guessing weight

Agreed! I have people tell me they catch 7-8lb bass all the time. Also, they said they used to catch 3-4lbs crappies but lately they're only getting 1-lbers because of the fishing pressure. LOL.

6"4" is Paul Bunyan like?

Ouch!!

I'm 6"11" and weigh over 400lbs.

Guess I may as well give up fishing all together.

No need to give up fishing. Just give up trying to convince people you catch big fish unless you photograph them on a ruler. smile

I have people tell me they catch 7-8lb bass all the time. Also, they said they used to catch 3-4lbs crappies but lately they're only getting 1-lbers because of the fishing pressure. LOL.

Like the "three to four pound crappies" people said they were getting on Red Lake a decade ago. Funny, when I fished it all I caught were those dinky 1.25 to 1.75 pound fish wink