• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weight????

bigstick56

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course when a real fisherman says 24" it was more like 23.5 - 23.75, never knew how hard it is to measure a bass....at any rate it was over 23" and had a heck of a belly on her....By the way the picture prob doesnt do this fish justice..I am 6'4 and very wider at the shoulders....

Bass photos are too hard to judge without a good reference. About the only kind I've ever seen that that allow one to judge are when they are laying down on a ruler.

I take you on your word that it was just under 24". That's a monster. Congrats.

Almost 24 inches with mouth closed/tail pinched?

Mouth open on a largie will add a lotta length.

I say around that 6lb mark is likely.

Here are pics of the 23.5 inch current state record bass. Quite a difference with many photos to judge by.

http://www.m-ywedge.com/recordbass/recordbass.html

I think most people here have a hunch that you are estimating the length... if you really caught a 24" bass AND measured it, why not take a picture of it on the tape?? You know how many people tell me they caught a 24" bass each year? Way more than those who actually measure their fish accurately on a ruler.

The state record at 23.5" looks WAY bigger than your fish. Sorry.

You know how they say, an extraordinary claim requires extraordinary evidence!

I dont think he is boasting, so no need to slam the guy. He is simply showing off a fish that 90% of us will not top this year. So congrats on the fish and I hope its not the biggest of the year for ya!

Here are pics of the 23.5 inch current state record bass. Quite a difference with many photos to judge by.

http://www.m-ywedge.com/recordbass/recordbass.html

That's a great link to illustrate the point. Here, the record bass looks like maybe a 5lber:

2.jpg

Here

4.jpg

and here:

0.jpg

It looks much bigger (yet still doesn't look like a 9lber)

Bigstick is 6'4", that will make any bass look small.

That's a sweet bass and I'd guess 5-6lbs.

My turn, but I'm a measley skinny 5'11. eek I know the exact measurement with mouth closed and tail swiped which was 20". Look at my avatar at said MSRD board that I use - that one went 21.25". By the way I have no idea how much this smallie weighed. Guessing below 5.

DSCF0010.jpg