• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Humminbird 798c \ Lakemaster Compatability

Craigums

Question

Hi just bought a boat that came with a Humminbird 798c SI. When I test drove the boat the original owner had a Navionics Hotmaps chip in the unit and it showed all the contours on the map. However he took the chip with him when he sold the boat to me.

So, yesterday I took the Lakemaster chip out of my Lowrance H2Oc handheld, popped it in the Humminbird and took the boat out for the first time. For some reason the Contours would not show up on the GPS...

Do I have to change the setting to allow it to display the Lakemaster or am I going to need to buy a Navionics hotmaps?

thanks alot,

Craig

9 answers to this question

Just looked at the lakemaster HSOforum. The MN chip no longer contains any WI lakes? WTH...Ive got a club tourney on Deer Lake, WI in a couple weeks and I don't want to spend $125 on the WI chip and only use it once...

You'll probably want to look at Navionics, I think they have more coverage, I can't tell you which chip though, a buddy of mine picked one up for his 798 and it had MN, ND and Wisc. lakes on it for about $129.00

That's what I never liked about Lakemaster..........

Mike

Just looked at the lakemaster HSOforum. The MN chip no longer contains any WI lakes? WTH...Ive got a club tourney on Deer Lake, WI in a couple weeks and I don't want to spend $125 on the WI chip and only use it once...

If you have a smartphone, or tablet you can get by with the Navionics mobile app for that trip.

Navionics covers a 5 state area, I would check out the Hotmaps Premium Chip and an added bonus you great free downloadable lake map upgrades to your chip for a year

None of my Lakemaster chips contain lakes outside of the state. Navionics makes a chip that contains many states, maybe that is what you are thinking of?

Na, I've got a Lakemaster chip I used in my Lowrance H2O. Its a few years old and had a handful of WI and IA maps.

I think Im just going to use my handheld for the club tourney. Ive got the navionics on my phone but that thing is more novelty than practicable