• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I Did It!!!!

picksbigwagon

Well, after looking for the last year or more I finally ordered a new driver today. There was a club demo yesterday at a club near my house. From trying clubs the last few months I was excited to try the RBZ outside and see the tremendous flight and distance I was seeing on the launch monitors. I also wanted to try a couple other clubs. Well, the first club I hit was the new Callaway Razr Fit. The demo guy put an lighter x stiff shaft in it and I didn't like the feel so he dropped a heavier shaft in it and I prcoeeded to bomb the ball. I then tried the RBZ qnd the R11s with a few different shafts on it and I could not find the right spot on either club. So after a night of thinking about it, I returned to the club and ordered the Callaway. I hit twice as many balls with the Taylormade clubs as the callaway, and as much as I tried to convince myself that the white hype was the real deal it wasn't

8.5 degree head, UST Proforce V2 85 gr. Extra stiff shaft. Extra 1.5 inch and a jumbo grip for my normal sized hands......

Once I found the groove with this driver, I hit 10-15 bombs, the last 8 I lost sight of as it headed towards the berm at Legends Golf Club. I normally lose sight of the ball at 300 yards. Low trajectory and no evidence of a balloon ball like I have with my current driver.

Man is this gonna be a fun golf season

Good decision! I also got the razr fit this year, and absolutely love it. Has a great feel to it, and even the off center hits fly far. I hated the RBZ when I hit it. It has a hard feeling to it and if you don't hit it dead perfect the ball comes off just dead. I have been using Callaway drivers the past 6 years, and don't plan on changing anytime soon.

Congrats on the new driver Picks. Was there a particular ball you were hitting with the sticks you mentioned? Just curious since the TM Penta TP5 went back up to $46/doz, I picked up a dozen of the RBZ just to compare to the Pentas.

Hoping to get out one of these days blush

Callaway figured out a driver head last year. They are great. My buddy got a RBlz and can't hit it as well as his old R11. The RBlz 3 wood is in a ton of bags on tour. Supposedly goes about 15 yards farther.

Ill have to try out the new calaway, my buddy bought a new r11 and it is definitely longer than my 909d2 but I still don't see any reason to switch yet. Another driver that is awesome in the new ping driver, not sure which model but it's black, now that one had me thinking hard! My driver is always the best part of my game so it's tough to leave the ole faithful.

Agreed with John -- I have the Titleist 909D2 w/xtra stiff shsft. Played Saturday and only missed two fairways. What's not to love about that??

Well done, Picks on finding a new love affair!

I went down to Duluth today and bought a new set of irons and while I was there I hit the new Callaway and Ping Drivers. Man is that Callaway long! On the machine I put 4 out there over 340 yds and not one under 300. The Ping didn't feel so good and was 30 yds shorter. The guy there said that he switched to the Callaway from the R11 because he thinks it's the best on the market right now. If I wouldn't have dropped a large chunck of change on my irons, I would have been real tempted.. Still tough to fix something that isn't broken..

I went down there thinking of either the Titleist AP2 or the Ping I20 and I ended up buying the Cleveland CG16 Tour 3-pw. They fit me for the Dynamic gold X100 shafts and I got midsize Winn grips. I hit all 3 sets well and they are all really nice, the $200 off on the Clevelands sold me. I didn't really want the zip grooves on all my irons but we'll see how it goes! I've had the same set of Mizunos since I was 16 (13 years ago).

Don't mean to hijack -- but I know John, you live up there -- I heard a rumor that Deacons is in/near Foreclosure -- I know Grand View manages it, but it's privately owned. I know the cabins on-site are privately owned by a few people.

Any insight on this? Awful news, if there's truth to it.

You are correct it was forclosed on, the Sheriffs sale was about 3 weeks ago, no one bought it and the bank now owns it. The guy that owned it was the same guy that developed Bearpath and a few others, his last name is Hankinson. I called a friend that is high up at Grandview and he said that they are still going to manage it for the rest of the year and nothing will change. I've been looking to see what was owed on the note (I'll bet it is rediculous!) but there is no info out there yet! I've heard rumors that Grandview always wanted to buy it and that Breezy Resort was interested in it but we'll have to wait and see. From what I have seen the last 4 years, this is a good thing. I suppose it will sell for .50 on the dollar and someone will make a go of it.

I always was under the impression that Deacons was part of the Grandview properties already? When you go to their webiste they list the Pines, Preserve and Deacons as their courses. We are going up to play the Pines later this month because we have free passes that we could use at either of the 3 courses, but the Preserve and Deacons have tourney's or something going on, so we had to play the Pines.

The owner of deacons has always paid grand view to manage the course. I assume that the bank will continue to honor the contract until it sells. Grandview owns the pines and the preserve. Grand view really kept deacons a float for the past 4 years and without them it would have really gone down hill quickly. I won't be surprised if one of the local resorts buys the property. I've always wondered what the property tax is on 500 acres of golf heaven and a million dollar clubhouse. I'm also curious what was owed on the property.

Well, picked it up today, I am gonna have to calm down tomorrow for our tourney, but it will be a thumper for sure. I am going to have to take it back and get a jumbo grip put on, it must have been goofed at the factory, but it swings nice, I wasnt able to hok the ball and it was goofy winds too. I swung relaxed and calm and the ball jumped. Getting used to the extra length will take some range time as well. Overall, I am happy as a ittle kid at Xmas