• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat restoration projects

overdalimit

Used to always be a couple of boat restoration projects going on at this forum. Have not seen any lately. I just was wondering if anybody else was fixing up an old boat right now? My project is a 1972 22 ft cruisers cuddy cabin. been working on her for 4 weeks now and am making some pretty good progress. I only picked up the boat because the engine and outdrive had been recently overhauled by a previous owner who is an A&P. I figured that if the guy was an airplane mechanic he must be pretty good and thurogh. So far I have stripped the old bottom paint and repainted with interlux fiberglass bottomcoat and painted the rest of the hull jet black and applied a nice double boot stripe at the waterline. I would insert a pic or two but I am not sure how. My next move is to redo the cabin upolstery and install new seats. Finally I am planning on a woodgrain treatment of the transome and upper deck to make it look like a woody.

I have a new project too this year, remodeling a 1992 34ft Silverton Convertible

destiny1sm.jpg

Flybridge had the radar arch smashed by snow load, I will have to redo some fiberglass work before installing the next one.

destiny2sm.jpg

I also have some blistering to fix:

destiny3sm.jpg

destiny4sm.jpg

And finally I am installing a lower helm station right here:

destiny5sm.jpg

Example of final work, but not same:

destiny6sm.jpg