• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boarding and Training

Gophereyes

Newbie here. I have a pointer that is one year old. We are working on obedience training at home. I am looking for a place in the southwest suburbs that would be a good spot to board and also work on introduction to guns and birds. I would need to board him for about a week. Would introduction to guns and some bird training be possible in such a short period of time? Also, I have a 14 year old GSP that I would like to board at the same place. Thanks for any help you can give.

I can highly reccomend Dokkens Oak Ridge Kennels in Northfield. My lab did intro to birds and guns (2 week program)and the results were great. Her parents were both from Dokkens and I have hunted behind both and can say with confidence they do a great job. My lab is currently in the intermediate program with them. If you plug Dokkens into a search engine you will be able to get info the services they offer.

There are many good choices. My brother has the sister to my dog and it is just finishing up at Stevensons in Ramsey mn. He has been out to work with her and is also very happy with the results. Both are about 35-40 minutes from Bloomington.

Good Hunting!!

A gun and bird intro is normally two weeks, You want to do it right so that there is as little chance as possible of the dog getting screwed up. Slow is fast here again. Dockens is good, Expensive but there again you get what you pay for.