• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winchester Super X3 or Benelli M2 Field Slug

I'm looking to get a new slug gun this year. I was thinking about one of these two. What do you guys think? I'm looking to get a 20 ga. Which has more recoil? I heard the super black eagle shoots very hard, so I'm staying away from that one. I like the Winchester because it is gas operated. I own a gas operated shot gun, and I like that I can't feel the recoil. I'm guessing that it is going to be different for a slug gun.

These two guns come with the deer barrel, so I won't have to buy extra barrels. It will be a dedicated deer gun only. I'm just wondering how they shoot and the recoil. The benelli is more than the winchester by a few hundred bucks.

If you are not set on the semi-auto action I would suggest looking at the Browning A-Bolt slug gun. It takes slug hunting out to 200 yards. It has good recoil reduction in the recoil pad. Also the Browning Maxus has a dedicated slug gun that is supposed to be an excellent semi. I don't know how they stack up for recoil but I have not heard anything bad about them.

both the Benellie and SX3 will be great guns. In 20 gauge you will have still less recoil. I don't think you can go wrong with either. I would make sure you pick them both up and get a feel for them before you buy.

The savage bolt action is a very intriguing option. I have heard great things about it.

I have looked at those two type of guns, but I remember reading on here that people were having problems with the savage. I have never owned a savage, but I have owned Browing guns. Can you use this gun in a shotgun only zone?

The sx3 and the sbe are both great guns really. the sx3 being gas has a bit more allowance for being dirty, and such and is a bit faster, relatively speaking. But the benelli's inertia drive action, actually uses the kick of the shell to eject the round. this is what mostly(also it is in their buttstock design) that takes away the "48% of felt recoil"

For accuracy and straight dependability either, the differences would probably lie more on you rather than the gun here. Like Gordie said and others, the savages are great too, if you can find the savage slug warrior, it is a hevier berreled slug gun, a buddy Ryan up at cabelas is a gunsmith/builder and was using that as the platform for a pretty crazy project a couple years ago.

I have looked at those two type of guns, but I remember reading on here that people were having problems with the savage. I have never owned a savage, but I have owned Browing guns. Can you use this gun in a shotgun only zone?

Yes it is a 20 ga shotgun.

I know a few that have it in 20 ga and they have not had one lick of problem with them and they wouldn't trade them for anything. I have heard that the guys that went with the 12ga models are switching to the 20 ga because of less felt recoil but thats all I have heard on the subject of those guns.

One of these guys uses his in rifle zone and is not worried in the least.