• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Swimbait Help

HandGunner

When is a good time to use swimbaits? I have 5 inch swimbaits that have never seen action would like to land somthing on them and when is bass openner? Ive caught bass big enough to take one of my swimbaits but i never ever use em realy since i dont know wen and were tO use them i mainly fish ponds for bass and they get pretty big short but fat bass. Also has this jumping weather been affecting fish movement and spawning? Or are things still on track would like to go fish crappies and sand bass but cant tell if the weather has been affecting them much or if they are on track with their movement and behaviour. Ome moment its been nice for a few days that i can catch fish all of a sudden its too cold that i hear from friends that they catch nothing, weather goes from 36 to 50 to 70 in just days and does not stay consistant so im lost on what the fish are doing

I catch lots of bass on skinny 5'' swimbaits all season long. It gets a little harder .

As for what the bass are doing now, I don't know as I haven't been targeting them while the season is closed, and I've only caught one accidental one while chasing crappies.

Crappie fishing has been slow for me. I get slow biters on SMALL nymph flies, but I need to finesse them.

oh im not targetting them until openner but im just trying to figure out what times and conditions do swimbaits work, and i was wondering what the fish are doing crappies and whitebass i have no idea how any fish are doing this jumping weather and temps are making it hard