• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canoe seat back rest

Anyone have experience with stadium chairs with aluminum folding back and arm rests? I saw these at Fleet Farm and thought they might work but they don't have any strapping for canoe seats.

Alternatively, I did see a chair last August in a Bass Pro Shops for $50...I'm looking for a chair for the boundary waters, so it can't be too bulky or heavy, so that chair I didn't think would work, but it might for you.

Da chise, my dad has a cloth seat with web straps that utilizes a 3/4 length therma rest pad. Very lightweight. Not sure if you use a 3/4 length pad or if the chair is still made. I believe he got it from REI. Works in a canoe or just sitting around reading a book.

Tried them all over the years as our group is not light and we fish 8-10 hours a day. Thermarest, Sitbacker, Stadium seat, coleman plastic back etc... Last year we finally perfected it using 2 small ratchet traps and a plastic boat seat, like those you see in some ice sleds. They are padded and provide more than ample support for leaning back and relaxing. You still sit low enough do as to not be too top heavy and they did not do any damage to the SR17 El Tigre's we rented. Got my seats online cheap and straps with hooks from hardware store and just used a drill big enough to secure the hook on both front and back of seat before cinching down under the canoe seat. The seats have snaps on them to keep them out of your sight line while portaging. Not the lightest solution, but we will be doing it this way from now on due to the level of comfort provided to our flat bottoms.